Help! I need to wean my baby from breastfeeding and she is so not willing to give up the breast. SHe will take a bottle, but when she is tired or i am holding her she thinks it is time to eat. How can I wean her????

momothree123

Asked by momothree123 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let her nurse.
    Anonymous

• why do you need to wean from breastfeeding?

with weaning it is best to do it slowly, cut out one feeding a day for 2-3 days then another feeding, and another etc. It is healthier on both baby and mother to do it slowly. Is there anyone else that could feed her the bottle?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree. cut one feeding a day. If she's still like that during a bottle feeding try taking off your shirt so she feels like she is nursing (I know your baby isn't stupid, but just the sensation of the skin might help) best of luck to you!
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I found the same problem i would feed her formula when she is not hungry because when they get hungry they think only the breast will fill them up my son will only drink formula when he isnt hungry. its a little tricky but it works. just be real patiant
    LoganBear

Answer by LoganBear at 10:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009