Did you know that cafemom answers questions will pop up on facebook when you search certain things?

Like specific content of certain questions. Like my baby naming posts- I typed the name into facebook to see what the girls looked like with the first and middle name we were considering and my cafemom question popped up at the bottom.

:/ So if anyone else I told the name to would search it on facebook doing the same thing I was doing- they would come across my cafemom profile which is NOT public!! It's only for you guys. Crimony-

If someone is not a member of cafemom can they still see our questions?

Not that it would be hard for someone to make an account and look.

Would you want close friends reading your questions? I have no shame here- I don't need my real life friends knowing I pee my pants when I sneeze or can't clean a table

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in About CafeMom

• I realize it's just a bing search... it doesn't connect your facebook profile to your cafemom one, but that right there would be obvious to anyone it was me. searching my kids name
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Do you "like" CM or CM answers on FB. I don't so nothing has shown up. I have a few CMers on my FB but otherwise these two shall never meet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I do NOT like them on facebook and it still comes up.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Do you have friends who do?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I keep my CM and FB VERY separate except for 3 ladies on here. I've never liked anything CM related to keep it that way.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• facebook has nothing to do with it. Answers is a completely separate site from the main CM, nothing here is private, including your answers profile page (the one that shows all your questions, answers, awards, etc). You do not need a CM acct to post in Answers - you can post here with your fb acct. Everything posted in Answers will show up on any search engine, even years after you delete your acct. Anything deleted from Answers, unless it's deleted within a short time frame, will show up on the internet archive.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I've never seen anything CM show up on FB... EVER!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I wish I hadn't chosen this screen name!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

fb is linked to bing. When you search for something on fb, once it runs out of direct fb links, it will add relevant bing links until the page is full.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I haven't been on FB in over a year so I haven't checked. I didn't Like CM on FB, so I don't know.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 5:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2012