• In the Spotlight:

How similar?

How similar is pre period pain to early pregnancy signs? I have heard that some people never thought there period was coming more than when they turned up pregnant. Is this ever happened to you? I am pretty sure I am not pregnant and I think my period will start anyday but I don't know if I should keep my hopes up.

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 7:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have really harsh pregnancy cramps. Where right now I'm about 8 weeks pregnant with #2. With my DD I didn't cramp at all. This time around I have cramps that are similar to period cramps every couple of days. My advice? Wait until you're supposed to get your period and take a test if you think you might be. Period cramps are caused by the contractions of your uterus/vagina to release the older tissue. Pregnancy cramps are because of your growing uterus and stretching muscles. So it is slightly different but when you're experiencing them they feel very similar, at least to me they do
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 7:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• im in the same boat as you and im wondering the same thing! i remember when i was pregnant with my daughter i had no period cramps at all, until i was about 6 weeks along. and right now my period is three weeks late and still no signs, so i will be getting a test soon. but i am waiting for any sign and so far i have nothing!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I didnt get them, But I had NO signs til I was over 4 months along and then I was like..."shit, I havent had a period in forever" lol, and I was prego lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• hahaha i kept waiting for my period and 9 months later got a baby boy. it was my first pregnacy and I couldnt tell the difference. To me at least-it felt like my period was comming
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I always felt like my period was going to start, and never did.. it was the same with all my pregnancies. Period symptoms, but no period.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• With both pregnancies I kept feeling like my period was right around the corner. Cramps, bloated, back ache, etc. had it all. Everyone is different tho.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009