How would you feel if you overslept on your kindergartener's 1st day of school? Do you know anyone who has done this?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in

• that would never happen
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I would feel just horrible! Now, I'm going to be paranoid, since my oldest starts Kindergarten this year.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Sorry 3libras. DS started 1st grade this morning and I was just thinking how much that would suck.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Thanks ALOT!!!!! I started having nightmares about her not being ready on time (refusing to put on shoes, comb hair etc). I'm now going to be in the paranoid boat with 3libras! :P
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Oh, I know ^^^. We've already got the first 3 days outfits picked out (and we don't start til the 27th). I'm going to try to get her to decide more before school starts.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• She was in all day prek at a regular school (PreK-5th grade) last year so I'm not as bad as I was last year at this time. I'm just trying to think of everything and anything that can go wrong.

I did not for once second think about us oversleeping!! EEEEK! LMBO!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• lol, yeah that would suck! i think i'll be alright, here the Kindergarteners go one day before the other grades to get accustomed to the building and the schedule so i'm glad i'll have that 1st day to just devote to my middle dd and then the next day is gonna kill us getting both my girls ready and maybe my son up early too! :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• It would suck, but we aren't perfect and things happen...

Answer by older at 5:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• that would suck, but this is a time my anxiety issues come in handy. i never oversleep b/c i rarely sleep the night before something like that. tomorrow i find out if DD is in morning or afternoon pre-K...im hoping on afternoon so this very thing cant happen!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I spent the night before DS first day of kindy in the emergency room. I was being told I had leukemia (cause my white count was high...no duh I have the flu), and that if i signed out AMA I probably wouldn't make it to the morning. I decided to risk it (10 yrs ago).
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2012