Dh wants me to get rid of my husky :(

she is already a pain in the butt but he is worried about the baby getting hurt or something plus she keeps digging the carpet up when we leave the house (she has S/A )i am confused on what to do she is not vicious or anything she is just a brat i really dont know what i should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Pets

• Is there no way that she can be an outside dog?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• You can get yourself a big kennel and put her there when you are out, to keep her in control. Please don't get rid of her, you made a commitment you should stick to it, this dog can be trained just like any other pet, if she is now a puppy she will mellow out with age. As far as hurting the baby , unless you allow a toddler to abuse her I don't see this happening, again training her will do wonders....

Answer by older at 5:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• she has a kennel but she has started to make her snout bleed trying to push it through the little holes and she ruined the plastic sheet that sits inside it so she can still dig through the carpet its way too hot outside to leave her out for any number of hours and i am pregnant so i always have some kind of appointment

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Time for obedience training.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• put some time into training your dog while you are still available, aka without child.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• get the dog some training or give it to someone who can take care of it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I think that she needs a better home, and you should look for one for her,, not drop her off at the pound, but find someone with more experience and patience with her, and don't get another dog.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• FREE TO A GOOD HOME: 2 year old child. Genuine reason, I've just got a new puppy so no longer have the time for the child. Also worried the child may bite the puppy. Child is crate trained and up to date on all shots. Needs home by tomorrow or it'll be put to sleep. Thanks!
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I would rather see a dog re-homed than have to live in a crate 24/7,, esp, if the dog has anxiety a new baby is going to add to that, there is training and meds, but it seems that if that is what you wanted to do in the first place you would have stated so.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Husky's are a great breed, she just needs the attention she deserves, and you and your Husband should have realized that when you got her. I feel so bad for innocent animals that get brought into homes, and then get ignored/neglected.... Find her a good home, ask your vet, neighbors, friends, or family of they know of anyone that will give her the love and attention she deserves.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2012