meds. .?

I have been told by a few women that they take a pill to help them calm down. I am a yeller. and I try so hard to not. I know that its not healthy for our children. I also watch kids. I USED TO NOT BE LIKE THIS. and I don't want to be like this anymore. I yell because I get stressed. I get stressed over the smallest thing. I dont like being like this. Oh, also, my hubby is deployed, so that says why i'm so stressed. Any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• could you be depressed? i told the dr about my anxiety and anger and was put on effexor. you may want to talk to your dr about the way that you feel and see what can be done for you.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I take Lexapro for depression for 3 years now and it helped me to be more happy and not every little thing bother me. But I do still yell. That's bad I know but I'm better than I was.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 7:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you're asking you notice something is Wrong! I feel for you! This is a tough time for you!! I wish you could get some help & support.. Its not good for any of the children to witness that!! So try to find some way to release your Stress!! From Excercise, Dancing, A walk, Petting an pet.. Etc. Anything that can bring you some Relief! I tell you I hug one of my Cats & say take it Away... If its PMS, Stress, Anxiety, PPD anything you think you can get help get it!! Do it for you, the Children & your DH returning to find the Real You he Loves & Adores!! Best of Luck!! Find your Cure!! You deserve that!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Are you in the position to try some good old fashion "talking through the issue?" Can't you speak wit some of the other mom's in your area, or maybe even with a counselor. Meds are used ONLY when prescribed by a licensed physician, and you need to be evaluated first. Sometimes exercise is also a great stress relief, and I use it often. Whenever I've had an especially difficult day, I'll add a few extra minutes to my walking and throw in a hill or two. If you can't get outdoors ~ you can do jumping jacks, lunges, or even pop in an exercise DVD and "dance" away your aggression. Remember to only do what you are able and do not over do it. If the kids you're watching are old enough you can involve them too and then they will have a great nap time!
    CeeJai333

Answer by CeeJai333 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Medication is up to you and your doctor to decide on. I take something for anxiety and stress because I wasn't handling it well at all. It took me 5 years to finally admit I needed something and go to the doctor. I'm doing much better now!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You are under so much stress. Medication is sometimes necessary just to get you over the hump and to let counseling work. Counseling and medication have a better success rate than medication alone. Do you have a support system? It's understandable you are feeling and doing what you are but it's very important to deal with the root cause. You deserve the support of a group and a counselor. Don't just smooth it over. Medication can cause other problems so take it with the idea that you will stop once you don't need it anymore. You and your counselor can decide that. Do not just go to a family doctor for meds unless they give you a counseling referral. You deserve all the help that's out there. And thank you for holding it together under such circumstances. It's very much appreciated.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would def. be willing to talk to someone also. As for my support system, i have a friend who is due anyday, and one friend who has one child, but can only handle the one. (no judgement on her) SO I don't have friends I can talk to. The only other one who kind of handles stress, shes on meds too. so that doesn't help me. I am supposed to go get my iud next week, but decided it wasn't right for me. So I am thinking of keeping the appointment, and just talking to the dr. instead. my husband will be home during 'that time' so there is a very low chance of getting preggo, so we're stickin to the old fashined rubbers. booo. lol But I want to get this under control so that when he comes home we can add to our family, and I will be in a much better state of mind. As for the exercize, its an awesome idea, but I have really bad issues with allergies, sinus's and migrains, so when i do high energy stuff, I get sick.
    Anonymous