How do I clean the carpet around the toilet?

My husband has a terrible aiming problem and the carpet around our toilet is stained. Any suggestions on how to clean it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• good old soap and water if not try oxyclean and water mixed together
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 7:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Oxyclean and water work. when I was potty training my daughter she peed all over the floor and I went to petco and bought this pet powder that help lifts pet urine. I put that down, vacuumed it up, and then used resolve high traffic foam. :) Worked like a charm!
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 7:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have never seen a bathroom with carpet in my 34 years of living. Wow. I hope that you are able to get it taken care of. I hear Oxyclean is the best.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It is really unsanitary in general to have carpet around a toilet, which is why you do not see it in public bathrooms.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 12:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would suggest that whatever is under that carpet is better than having carpet in there. Our house was carpeted everywhere when we bought it - you do NOT want to know what it looked like underneath when we pulled it out, and it was apparently only about a year old.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Rip it out, LOL!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yeah I agree, carpeting in a bathroom is unsanitary and gross. It's not just a man's bad aiming but whenever the toilet flushes and the lid is up fecal matter and urine fly and land all over it (and everything else like toothbrushes, counter tops, walls) causing way too much bacertia to grow. I only have a small bath mat rug in front of my tub and that I either stick in the machine machine or have my fiance clean it with his rug cleaning machine (he's a carpet cleaner)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Get the carpet and pad ripped out ASAP. I owned a floorcovering for 23 years and Im here to tell you from experience carpet is the most unsanitary thing you can have in your home. Once you have it out shut your water off and flush all water out of commode and remove it. If you live on a slab your in luck because you have a choice of anytype hard surface flooring you want. Take your time and you can do this. Go online for all instructions for take up and removal of tolit and installing flooring. My hubsand and I had never installed ceramic flooring, but went online read and installed a beautiful floor in our kitchen and bathrooms. I would rather live on a painted particle board floor in than have a nasty carpet. You are opening yourself for black mold also.
    Tramar aka Diane
    tramar47

Answer by tramar47 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009