Animal people, what would you do? I need guidance.

I told you guys about an abandoned pair of dogs we rescued. Well, I still have the one that is missing an eye. The vet estimate is up to $800. I have managed to get rescues to pledge $250 so far. We cannot pay the rest - we were not prepared for this animal to come into our lives and need so much help. No rescue will take it because it is "un-adoptable". I am so stressed out.

On top of worrying about this helpless animals health, our bulldog has attacked it 3 times. Today I had the little dog snuggled with me on the couch. The bulldog sprang onto the couch, injuring me in the process, and tried to rip the small dog apart. I will have to keep them 100% separated which is hard because while we have a yard, the temps are in the triple digits, so I cannot keep one outside at all. The bulldog must be caged since he cannot seem to behave!

Additionally I start homeschooling my kids (for the first time!) this Thursday and my Fall semester of classes begin 8/20. I am overwhelmed and don't know what to do. What would you do about this dog? We will continue to seek donations but what if we cannot get that much? I am so exhausted...

Gofund me was suggested so I made an account. If anybody would like to help him by posting the link to their FB, thank you, he would love the help as I do not own a FB. Here is the link http://www.gofundme.com/11e6us

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 8:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Pets

• What a cutie,, Where do you live?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• hi kimi, I'm in Lancaster, CA
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Start a Acount on gofundme.com then post on fb ask friends to share!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Ohh too far for me,, I agree put up something of Facebook, is they eye infected? Why do they think it will be so much more?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• i don't have a FB. i posted on wishuponahero but no luck there.
    the fee is $245 for the initial eye probe, meds, and neuter. And additional $550 to remove the damaged eye.
    We have contacted every rescue around here - only 2 have responded.

@amanda - the bulldog is a problem but normally he is an only child so his attitude doesn't normally matter at home. as far as a payment plan, well, this dog happened upon us. I just made a payment plan for almost $4,000 in dental work for myself. Unfortunately we cannot allocate additional funds for the dog at this time.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• http://www.gofundme.com/11e6us

if anybody is interested in posting the link on their FB's since I don't have one, here it is. The dog would be very thankful...

Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I'm sure that you can find some rescue to help you. Talk to your vet or a local animal shelter. About five years ago, my mother's sheltie found an abandoned basset hound pup in a dumpster. He was only about two weeks old, filthy, he was half starved and full of fleas. I named him Sammy and I still have him. He is a wonderful dog. I just had my first baby and he has been so good with her and just loves her so much. I know how special it is to rescue a dog. Good luck!
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 9:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• no rescue will take him. i have been able to get $100 from 1 rescue and $145 from another. i'm sure I have contacted all the rescues I can locate and only 2 will help.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• posted on my Fb
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• thank you so much Rosehawk
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2012