For those who are serious about losing weight..please read, I need advice

I have been changing my lifestyle. I do not consider this a diet. I'm changing the way I eat so I can not only lose weight but be healthy. When I started this a month and 2weeks ago I ago was 183lbs. I'm now 173. My goal is 150.... But here is my problem. I've lost my drive, my motivation. I'm working so hard to get it back but I can't seem to find it. I don't want to give up but I been cheating. Like tonight I had Some icecream and i'm totally beating myself up about it. I'm so terrified of failing at losing weight that I start giving up. Each week I weigh in and it terrifies me cuz the last thing I want to see is the same number as last week or even worse, higher. But it has nite has not happened tho that's what is weird. Every week the number gets lower but I still get so scared to the point I want to run from it. I need advice :-/ how do you ladies keep motivated? Also- if you would like to share some healthy recipes feel free to do so :-)

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• It's okay to cheat here and there just don't over do it.. you can do it just keep reminding yourself what it's for..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Quit beating yourself up. It is OK to treat yourself once in a while. I lost 160 pounds years ago and have kept it off. I stuck with 1800 calories a day, and once a week I would treat myself. You didn't put it on in a day, and you won't take it off in a day.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• That's why I think the weight watchers model is good...it has built in "cheats" & that is important so you don't feel you are depriving yourself. But, you have to be careful, certain foods, or certain eating circumstances (alone, in front of the fridge late at night, after an argument, etc) can be triggering & derail your efforts. Be mindful. & stop weighing yourself, it's not worth the stress...this is about way more than a number on a scale.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• If you want to consider this a lifestyle change and not a diet, don't use the word cheat. You don't have to swear off all the 'bad' foods, just learn to eat them in moderation.

Some of my favorite recipe blogs:

www.emilybites.com

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

http://pointlessmeals.blogspot.com/

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Wow, first of all Ginger0104 thank you for sharing those blogs. I pinned them! What yummy looking low point recipes.

Mommy03110. I SO understand where you're coming from. I've lost the same 30 pounds and regained it too many times to tell.
    I've found that I do best when my head is in the right place. Sometimes I need to shake things up by changing the way I eat for a few days. Cut out carbs..., change my exercise routine, something that gets me out of the bad cycle I've gotten into, then I can get back on track.

Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I would throw the scale away. To me it becomes a way to focus on "diet" rather than health. It can also be a major depression spot. It sounds like you have it under control. i have not had one in my home for about 20 years. I love it that way, it then is not about gravity and too much or lack of it . - Ok, so I never had a lack of problem :-), I vote for enjoying yourself, keep up what you are doing and weigh yourself every couple of months to check up on your progress.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• Motivation is something no one but YOU can give you. If you aren't there yet then you aren't there yet.

eating ice cream is fine- I eat it and I've lost 25 lbs since mid Feb. Do you count calories? Do you work out? Drink water?
    I eat pretty much whatever I want- but ALWAYS within my calorie range every day. I allow myself things like ice cream, or cookies or whatever, and I never feel like I'm being deprived or can't eat good things.
    I keep a notebook and write down my day of food and all the calories involved and I just stick to it- it works for me, and if I want to change something, I can work with it.

Also- don't let the scale rule you- weigh a couple times a month or so and leave it alone otherwise
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• Thank you so much ladies! Yes, I work out 5 days a week and take care of my two girls all day, one is almost two and the other 8Weeks so I keep pretty busy through out the day too. I log into My Fitness Pal everyday to keep track of calories cuz if I don't I won't eat enough and my milk supply will go way down. Thank you for the advice! I weigh myself once a week. Maybe I should make it two Weeks so I don't get discouraged
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I started a vegan diet due to health reasons not only do I feel much better I lost 37 pounds and I am still losing. Try switching things up - new receipes and just keep going. Good luck!
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• What I love about Weight Watchers is that you can "cheat" once in a while. It's just a matter of keeping your overall diet in balance. For example, tonight we're having sloppy joe's. I simply had a lighter breakfast that cost me less points, used some of my weekly points, worked for some more activity points and voila! I can have my sloppy joe without guilt.
    I highly recommend it. 3 years ago I lost over 30 lbs. doing WW and then just maintained my weight and just last week I decided to go for the last 10 lbs Istill want to loose, I already lost one!
    And it's great because, as yo usaid, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet you go on and off. You learn how to eat and how to exercise.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2012