Need advice

i have a science background and am willing to use my skills in the banking field - as an analyst or similar. i sent my resume in response to a posting but there is no quarantee anybody will contact me if i'm not selected for an interview. too bad, since the job would be close to my home, and i'd love it - i know it - it's simply that i do not know how to emerge from the list of applicants. i provided nice looking cover letter, but there is always this but... should i contact the HR to introduce myself and let them know me or should i simply wait? i never worked in the banking field before. had i expressed an interest in talking with the hiring menager, would it help? what could i do instead? thanks for all advices. i badly need money and job

kujus04

Asked by kujus04 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Money & Work

• Dave Ramsey says yes. He actually says talk to them (email or phone call if not in person ) then say "be looking for my application" then he suggests calling and saying- I wanted to check, see if my resume got there.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I would call them up and just tell them you're following up and you're really excited about this position. Keep it kind of light, don't be pushy.

txdaniella, I don't know why, but when I read "Dave Ramsey says yes.", I had this image of you holding him and shaking him like a Magic 8 Ball. lmao
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2012