Please share your DH's success stories with winning custody battles

My DH decided to go for full custody of my SD. Some advice or encouraging words would be AWESOME!!

ANR1390

Asked by ANR1390 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I do not have a success story, but my husband and I are working on gettig this process started also. Good luck and keep us posted. :)
    Amanda0712

Answer by Amanda0712 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• We have never had urgent issues that have forced us to push for custody, however, both of them have chosen to live with us after they turned 15, because we are a healthier environment.

So, even if it doesn't work, continue your path of being good parents. They will eventually choose to live in a drama free home.
    OenophiliaMama

Answer by OenophiliaMama at 9:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• With the environment she is in now, I think her mother will have her molded into someone like her. She already tries to get her to hate us. She is not even 5 yet.
    ANR1390

Comment by ANR1390 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2012

• My success stories
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• We haven't had to fight for our kids but for our grandkids. The biggest thing that helped us is to document EVERYTHING! Time, date, what happened, what was said, etc. If she's late to drop off child docment what time, did she call, what was the reason, etc. Is the child whinning about going home with her? Document it. Is she harassing dh for more $ on child support? Document it and why she says she needs it. Does she live in a ruff area where the child could get harmed?

Another thing is don't go for just any lawyer. Find one that is good at child custody. Just because a lawyer is good with lawsuits does not mean he's good with child custody. We were having troubles in one court but he was able to get things going thru another and today we have the boys. He talked to us about what we needed to do and what not to do.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:36 AM on Aug. 22, 2012