Have you ever thought about suicide?

Not just as a hormonal teenager, but just as a quiet end to everything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Health

• No, there have been times when life has been pretty rough, and I've wished I could just disappear, but I never considered taking my life.

I really can't imagine not having seen my boys grow up into the incredible young men they are....not seeing them get married and have children some day. Not being a grandmother.

And there are so many things I still want to do with my life.

Nope, I've sat on the floor in my kitchen sobbing until my face hurt before, but then I got up, finished my chores, supervised my kids and fought my way out of whatever was happening in my life.

I hope you're okay. Hugs.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Of course, in many ways life seems scarier and harder than death. But, I have little ones who need me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Yes I have. It's a horrible place when you can only see how your death would improve the lives of everyone you love.

Hang in there. Things always get better eventually.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Yes I have, but living is much more important to me :)

Plus, I believe you won't go to heaven if you take your own life. That's Gods decision.

Are you okay?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Yes a lot actually.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Yes, OP. I have. I think you would be surprised by how many of us have. Are you okay? Please PM me if you want to talk.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Yes. I've never actually considered it or attempted or anything but I can't say I've never thought about it. I would not however leave my son alone in this world without a mother no matter how hard it gets.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• There are times that I wish it could be over. During stressful and overwhelming times. I would never actively seek to end my own life.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• Honest to God that's never been an option for me...from what ive seen it hurts more people than helps...plus i want noone to think i went down as a weak person you know? Life is life,it sucks sometimes but we have to pick up ourselves and continue to live...especially being a mom,not to mention God have me this life and he will end it when he wishes....and i will live it to my fullest while i have it.
    GivingTreeMommy

Answer by GivingTreeMommy at 12:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• There was one time. Thought about it a few times. Decided only cowards take that end. I am not a coward.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2012