Potty training!!

My DD is 2 years and 4 months now,i think its time to start potty training..but i need help!! its seems to be the hardest thing ever!!

newmom300

Asked by newmom300 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The easiest thing to do is to devote a couple of weeks fully to potty training. Have your DD wear panties and non-restrictive clothes (nothing she can't easily take off). and start out by putting her on the potty about once an hour. Eventually, she will start telling you when she has to go. Be prepared for accidents at first. And, heavily praise her when she does manage to go in the potty.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• I set a timer for every hour and then reset it for 5 min to sit on the potty. Once she got the hang of it I went to an hour and fifteen minutes and sitting for 4. By the end of the week she was going on her own and peeing in the potty every time. I rewarded with stickers and when she got 10 we went and picked out something special from the dollar store. When she was able to go an entire week w/o an accident then we went and got another special thing from the store. I even used the sticker method to get her to poop in the potty. Although this didn't happen right away for us it took another 6 mos for her to poop in the potty. Good luck!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• Staying home and devote a week to it. Also I believe it is better to use the regular potty than a plastic potty. You will just need a smaller seat that fits on yours, they sell them at Walmart. Also a stool so she can get on the potty herself. I always gave my kids drinks and then took them to the potty every 15 minutes.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 4:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I have five kids and the first three was easy. I have a Three year old and he is still having mistakes. He will use it to pee., but see that poop. Sometimes she doesn't always make it. And its like cleaning poop off of an adult. So right now I'm having a struggle myself. Just don't give up on it. Keep at it.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• Thanks all..this really helps..but the thing is that 2 months ago i started doing that,and we were almost there after like 1 month of trying,there were some accidents,but most of the time she could manage to go by her own to pee..but that POOP..she NEVER managed to even say before doing it.A whole month of training she never managed to poop in the potty,not even once! whatever i did,i even noticed her poop times and let her sit on the potty,but she tries so hard not to do it in the potty,and waits till she wears her panty and do it! she doesn't feel comfortable doing it in the potty!! i was involved in my studies after that,got really busy,and i got pregnant and really tired,so i paused for some time. but i want to try again
    Sorry for my bad english,its not my mother tongue
    newmom300

Comment by newmom300 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2012