Is it bad not to ovulate...?

I have posted before about not having my period in 3 years, but today I was reading a question about ovulating. And I haven't ovulated either. I went to the doctor and they did the same thing she did two months ago...a vaginal chack and an ultra sound...it showed nothing, I could have told her that she just did those tests. But anyway...
I was wondering what my chances of having another baby are with no ovulation or period

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I hope it's not bad not to ovulate. I haven't in 7 months, I have Mirena though. I'm interested in this.
    Anonymous

• if you dont ovulate you cant get pregnant
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Ovulation is when you are most fertile and when your body readies itself for conception and implantation, I would think that if you're not ovulating or that with no period you have very little chance of conceiving but I really have no idea. I'd talk to your doctor or look on webmd or something.
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 7:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• if ur not ovulating in might be a sign that theres something wrong- like u might have a health problem thats making ur body not ovulate- i know some people with diabetes can have that happen- and no u can not get preggo without ovulation
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Ovulation is necessary to get pregnant. The follicle containing the egg is recruited and ripened. When the follicle ruptures and is released and the egg goes into the fallopian tube, you've ovulated. No follicle, no egg. If you haven't already, get to a reproductive endocrinologist to get on meds to help you ovulate if possible.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009