Shounld i

be worried that my 9 month old son can't sit up on his own,if I put him on the ground I will put him sitting but he has not done it himself yet

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 3:48 AM on Aug. 14, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, all babies are different. Unless you see other delays that worry you don't sweat it. If you do think he has a few delays speak with his pediatrician about it. My son is 8 months and can't really sit up on his own either.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• my kids were not sitting up on there own for long at that age. every kid is different. does he have any other delays? if not i would not worry. if he does or if you just want the peace of mind talk to his pediatrician.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• If he doesn't have any other delays then I wouldn't worry about it just yet. I know that it is hard to tell at this age b/c they are ALL so different. Keep and eye on him and just keep sitting him up like a tripod and he will eventually get it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• At 8 months old our pediatrician sent my son for OT. He had trouble with head control. The muscles down the back of the head to the spine were underdeveloped. After several sessions with the occupational therapist he was doing a lot better. I did a lot of the exercises at home with him and he improved much faster.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• No that is it,he is crawling and moving around and standing
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I don't think if he is crawling you have anything to worry about!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I don't think you should worrry.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2012