:(

just today my boyfriend lied to me..
we've been on and off for a year now..
he just recently got back into school and he doesnt have a car to get home.
so i was talking on the phone with him earlier and said you know hows school.. who dropped you home? he told me, his guy friend.
later on in the day, i found out it was one of his "friends" that was a girl..
so i called him and accused him and he fessed up..
be didnt seem too serious..
but he told me not worry shes "ugly" .. "i l0ve you.."
soo i asked him why he didnt tell me the truth
and because he knew i would "act like this"
so what do i do?
is what he did wrong?
am i overreacting?
HELPPPPP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd say overreacting. If you usually get very upset, then he was probably trying to avoid a blow up. Smile and let it go.

Answer by Bmat at 7:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Well, do you normaly freak over him being with other girls? If so then he was just trying avoid a fight. If not then ask him why he feels you would act weird about it.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 7:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• so you guys don't think its wrong for him to get a ride from her? he also messaged her and asked her when there gonna "chill again"..
    he he doesn't know i know that....
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others but I still think a lie is stupid, makes you wonder for down the road.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• As long as you have trust you should be okay. Was he wrong to lie. Yes. Do I think you're overreacting, yeah a little. You have to put your trust in him. If she means nothing to him and he loves you, then don't worry about it. All you can do is trust him. And when he proves to you that he can't be trusted, then over reaction tends to be a bit more justified.
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 7:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think lying is wrong no matter what, you say that he lied to you and therefore he knew you wouldnt like what he was doing, so why did he do it in the first place?
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 7:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you trust him it shouldn't matter. And if he were to find out you snooped, I don't think he is going to be too happy. If you don't trust him, then don't be with him.
    Anonymous

• how could i trust someone that completely lied to me?
    Anonymous

• It sounds like he was worried about you getting upset and making it into something its not. Sometimes men can not see the forrest for the trees. Sounds like he was trying to protect you and in hind site he should have just told you the truth. Just show him you can handle the truth. If you really don't trust him then maybe you need to let him go. Its up to you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You're not overreacting. Asking opinions is a sign that you are trying to be fair. He should not be in a situation that would hurt you, nor should he have the mindset that lying and doing whatever he wants is correct behavior. He is causing the mistrust and then blaming you for your reaction. I would be livid....not for taking an innocent ride from a female...but for not telling you either before the fact, or afterward to assure you it was innocent, and for lying to cover his ass....especially though, for doing wrong and then blaming you....I would blow my stack.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009