multiple choice - revealed

I posted a scenario earlier to get opinions - here's the story. The pushee was my 8 year old son. He was being dared by his cousins (10, 11&13). I was not outside but there were other adults out there that were. He felt awful after doing it and apologized several times. I ordered a new phone online that night. since then my son has been paying me back. I kept a chart so he could see the progress. He'd earn $ for doing chores around the house and he could see the amount get smaller and smaller. Needless to say he learned his lesson and is now debt free. His cousins on the other hand still bully him but I don't think it is going to work anymore. Thanks all for your responses.

the3jsandme

Asked by the3jsandme at 7:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• good for you mama you did the right thing. kudos
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think that ws very responsible as a parent. Although he didnt know the phone was in his pocket he allowed them to tempt him. Im sure hes learned a great lesson and one day will stand up to them bullying him. I remember my neighbors son broke my sons nintendo ds and when I confronted the mom her response was, I will see what my husband says. That was the end of that story.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009