What are typical results?

Every diet/exercise commercial and book ALWAYS says "results not typical." I want to know "What is typical?" "how much weight should the average person that follows you plan (mostly) expect to lose?

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 8:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a lb a week is healthy i usually lose a lb and gain 2 back but that just me
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• NONE, because no one can stay on those stupid plans more than a day.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What they usually mean is that the model they have used is A) anorexic, B) naturally thin and did not have to follow the plan, C) not the same person as the "before" picture or D) the photo has been manipulated......Ever notice how in anti-wrinkle photos the person without wrinkles is never happy? This is because if you don't smile, you can't see wrinkles. I'd rather be happy....and chubby.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• lol flymom07
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• everybody is different, they lose and gain weight different from the next.... i don't believe in a "typical" weight loss..... you have to know your body and how it runs for the best results..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• or the person in the picture took FOREVER to get the wieght off and exercised way too much for my lifestyle, no one ever mentions they have kids, do they?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Ive heard a pound a week is about average.

Usually the first couple of weeks you lose water so lose more. Like I would lose 5 or 6 lbs the first and second week. After that Id average around 1/2-1 1/2 lbs, weekly loss.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I always figured the typical results for those were that nothing happened, or maybe the people gained weight.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Typical results are they take your money and you stay a fat couch potato!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2009