Finalization day and new episode of Disneys Jessie

Hello!

I just joined CM today to ask this question! My family adopted a special needs child, finalized in Dec. My husband and I have been back and forth about celebrating our childs finalization day or not. We originally thought it would make our child stand out from our biological child, like celebrating a second birthday, or make our child feel different being adopted. But we want to do something special, and since it took a lot, 3 year process for our family, we have decided to turn it into family day! We had our first official family pictures taken that day after court, so we have decided to keep that as a tradition, and most likely a family dinner or something. I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas to add to the day?

New episode of Disneys Jessie is about a chlds Gotcha Day! My children have seen the commercial and are very interested in seeing the episode and waiting to celebrate our family day!

MyPunkinPickle

Asked by MyPunkinPickle at 2:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2012 in Adoption

• We celebrate both the finalization date and the date of when we brought DD home. Although we don't have any other children, we still treat them as family days and always do things as a family that we know DD will enjoy (park, Chuck E Cheese, museum, zoo, etc.).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• We have friends that adopted a boy from Guatamala who is my son's age. They do several family celebrations and participate in the family celebration day that the adoption agency has every year with all the families from that year.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I think it sounds like a great idea
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• We call it Family Day because it was about our entire family, not just our son. We knew any other children who entered our family we would have this day as their day too. Any finalization days for any child would be celebrated. So what if we had one Family Day or three? They are simply days to take time out and remember our family as being special and unique.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I like jessie
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• Not seen
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2014