I have a dog problem

The dog we've had since April has started biting for no reason, she's not sick or anything. I don't know what to do to curtail this , my dh said if she bites anyone again she's outta here.

Any suggestions?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 3:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2012 in Pets

• Have you had her checked by a vet recently? Sometimes they can be sick without exhibiting any symptoms. When is she biting? During feeding time, outside or just randomly for no apparent reason? Who has she bitten? Someone familiar or a stranger? How old is the dog? Still a puppy or an older dog? Sorry so many questions, but a little more info would be helpful.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• obedience training?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• biting or nipping?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• What is happening for her to be biting? Is she growling first? Is the bite aggressive? Has skin been broken when it could be if dog wanted? Is she aim her aggression at one particular person? Is there food around? Toys, blanket, etc.?

Are you sure she isn't sick? Has she recently seen a vet? There could be something going on that you could miss that a vet wouldn't.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• She's been o the vet that's why I said she's not sick. The oth day my dd was just sitting on the ground and she bit her rib cage, before that she was being walked by my oldest and she bit her leg. It's just random biting all people she has daily interactions with.
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• Yeah skins been broken on several occasions
    Mrs_Harsh

• Is it just the kids she is nipping at maybe she just doesn't like kids.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• My oldest is 18 she tries to bite me but I seen it coming every time so I haven't gotten it yet
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• I would talk with a licensed dog trainer, but frankly, I would never keep a dog that has broken the skin on several occasions. Especially that of my kid. It would seem that your dog doesn't know her place in the "pack" and the biting is a way to assert her dominance. Since it has happened several times, you may not be able to re-establish your authority over her. I would look for another home for her, in my opinion.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2012