What would you consider an inapropriate wait time at the doctors?

Im trying very hard to stay patient.

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2012 in Kids' Health

• To get in,15 minutes(with an appointment)
    In the exam room,30 min

Our doctor is excellent in getting us in and seen in a very short time. The longest we waited in the waiting room was 5 min,and 10 in the exam room

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• If I'm not in the exam room within 30 minutes, I'm leaving. If I'm expected to be on time for my appointment, I feel the doctor should be too, barring any emergency. If an emergency happens while I'm waiting, I expect the option for a re-schedule, not to just be left hanging around in the waiting room. My time is just as valuable as his and I deserve the same amount of respect.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• Usually 30 minutes. I know emergencies come up, patients are more complicated than as scheduled, but we are expected to be on time or sometimes early to fill out paperwork.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• within 20 min to go back and freferably about that amount to be seen...
    my son had an appointment recently and we waited a freaking HOUR to be called back and we were there a few min early for our appt.
    I was PISSED
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• WOAH- that should say preferably...
    charlotsomtimes

• I'm pretty used to 30-60 mins at my primary and gyno offices. I always take a book with me.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• In the waiting room, no more than 30 min. and once in the exam room about 15 min. I saw an article once that said you should call the office before an appointment and ask how late the appointments are running and if they are very behind ask to be called about 15 min before they are ready for you.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• There is a sign in the waiting room of the clinic we go to: If you are more than 20 minutes past your appointment time, please talk to a receptionist. Or something similar.

Last year we were forced to wait in a TINY exam room for over an hour because the doctor was off picking his nose. Ok probably not, but it was some other asinine excuse after another. The ONLY reason I stayed was because my husband had a cooler head than me, and it was a cardiac specialist setting us up for the presurgery crap my daughter needed to fix the small hole in her heart (PDA, Patent Ductus Artiosis).
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• 30 minutes unless there was and emergency. Our Dr.s office has a sign that says if you have not been seen in 15 minutes please return to the desk.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2012

• 15-20 minutes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2012