hospital stay

im going to be induced on friday. so if i have her that day, when will i be released from the hospital? i know it could go into saturday and everything but do you get released the next day...or is it the day after that? sorry if this is confusing...i just confused myself lol. nerves i guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my baby on Tuesday at 3 p.m. and was released at about 2 p.m. on Thursday.
    Anonymous

• each hospital has it's own policy but my hospital you have the baby on whatever day, your have another full day in the hospital, and the day after you get discharged. And that's extended by one day if you have a c-section. But all this is assuming everything goes just fine with the baby.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have been induced twice. With my daughter I had her at 6:30 in the morning and was realesed at 4:30 that afternoon. I did have a midwife though, if I had an OBGYN I would have not been realesed till at least 6:30 the next morning. The standard is 24 hours after the baby is born. I hope all goes well!
    Alaska_Moma

Answer by Alaska_Moma at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• with both my kids I was in the hospital 3 days (including the day of giving birth and the day I was actually discharged)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It depends on how the delivery goes and the hospital policy.
    If you have an uncomplicated vaginal delivery you will be released 48 hours after giving birth (some hospitals will allow you to go home 24 hours if your doctor sign a permission form). If you have a C-section you will go home 96 hours after giving birh (and in most cases you will not be able to go home earlier).
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 8:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009