is this okay?

im being induced at 36 1/2 weeks due to major medical reasons....so no bashing plz...i got the steroid shots at 33 weeks...my dr said theres a 90 percent chance her lungs will be developed at 36 weeks without steroids...so she should be ok in that respect right? has anyone been induced in their 36yh week? if so, how did itgo for you? im already 1 cm and 60 percent effaced so she said i should do good with the induction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was born at 36 weeks and her lung were fully developed...no problems! I wasn't induced...she was just born early. Best wishes to you.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My water broke at 36w 6d. I was induced shortly thereafter as nothing was happening. My son was born without any problems whatsoever. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• My sister wasnt induced, but she did go into labour and have her baby at 35 weeks. She did not have steroid shots to mature the lungs, and he was born basically with no breathing issues. They gave him oxygen the first little bit to make sure he was alright, and wasnt stressing. He was fine, and only spent 2 weeks in the NICU. I hope everything goes alright and that you and baby have a stress free delivery.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 8:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I wasn't induced, but went into labor with my youngest on my own at 36 weeks...to the day! He was born fine. No steriods. He came home with me...although he did have a problem sucking. It took about a week, but we finally go the weak suck problem worked out! (he was also 7lbs and 20 inches long!!)

His lungs were fine. He was still considered a "preemie" until he was 2 years, though. He does have some health and developmental delays to be honest...but I can't say his asthma nor his speech delay have anything to do with him being early.

You had the steroids...I think you and the baby will be fine. I do know of one other mom who delivered at 36 weeks...no shots...and her baby was on oxygen for awhile...but is doing well now.

They did give me some pitocin to move things along...and he was born 26 minutes after they broke my water.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I went in to labor at 36 weeks. My water broke. They were a bit worried because they say with boys it takes longer for their lungs to devleop but he was fine! No need to go to ICU. BUT, there is a chance your baby will need to go to ICU just to get checked out. They brought a nurse from there down to see my ds instead of sending them up. WHen they are born that early they just like to make sure so dont be worried if that happens. It is better to be safe than sorry. Good luck to you!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009