My one year old has pink eye! Any pointers on helping the others not to get it?

I have a three year old, one year old and two weeker! It's so hard to keep them apart, but I'm hoping the others don't get it. Anyone ever had this dilemma? What did you do? I'm thinking there is nothing I can do but wash hands and clean but you other mom's come up with some pretty neat ideas!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats all you can do really. Clean and WASH HANDS. It will go away in 3 days, but not if they keep passing it around. You can only do your best.
    unsure1083

Answer by unsure1083 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• lysol, lysol, lysol door knobs counters everthing he touches. Wash sheets and pillow cases. Most importantly CONSTANT hand washing and keeping hands away from eyes/face
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i use warm tea bags to draw out the infection to help them get over it quickly, but wash wash wash EVERYTHING lol pillows blankets toys anything and everything they touch wash. Our doctor also gave us a wonderful eye drop that worked wonders. my husband went as far as using gloves anytime he had to deal with the eye so that he wouldnt spread it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 8:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Try to have him keep his hands off of his face, wash his hands often, and squirt breast milk in his eye. Sounds weird, but it works. Express a little and use a medicine dropper or syringe.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• if you have started meds it's only contagous fo rth efirst 24 hours. One one of the two types of ppinkeye is actually contageous. Which kind does he have?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Hope that it's bacterial pink eye. Once on antibiotic eye drops, it's only contageous for 24 hours or so. If it's viral, it's contageous for about a week to ten days (normal virus time frame).

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/eye/conjunctivitis.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• He's been on meds for two day's I don't know what kind of pink eye it is, she didn't tell me. I doesn't look bettr, but it doesn't look worse.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• VERY catchy! Wash hands and toys and door knobs. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009