Lump under my armpit. What do you think it could be?

I have had a lump under my left armpit and it hurts so bad at times. No signs point to cancer though so not sure if I should go to ER to have it looked at. I do not have insurance or a family DR.

Mom2two518

Asked by Mom2two518 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• i had once, it was a blocked sweat duct
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• blocked sweat duct
    swollen lymph node
    boil

could be lots of things...

NO, don't go to the ER. The ER is for Emergencies.

find a doctor if you are worried about it, if you don't want to go because you have to pay for it, then just deal with it.
    Anonymous

• It also can be an ingrown hair from shaving even if you use a cream. It hurts really bad but it eventually goes away. I get them sometimes after using veet and they would be a huge lump like something bit me.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thanks guys! Makes me feel a little better about it. Anything I can do on my own to help it go away?
    Mom2two518

Answer by Mom2two518 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• warm compress will help if it's ingrown hair, boil, or clogged sweat duct.

ice pack would work for swollen lymph gland, but really swollen lymph glands indicate more serious infection that need more attention than an ice pack to the gland. but not ER worth treatment unless you have other symptoms.
    Anonymous