7 students in a New Jersey School win in court over being forced to eat on the gym floor

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/15/13291145-new-jersey-kids-win-500000-settlement-after-being-forced-to-eat-on-schools-gym-floor?lite

I just found the artcle interesting and thoght I would share.  Comments?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 9:21 AM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow I read this article the other day. So awful. I would have had a fit if this was my child. You know that is wrong we should all have a fit when any child is placed in situations like this. We should all be outraged.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• The punishment was inappropriate in a educational setting... bordering on hazing. The guy should have been fired. What an idiot.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Looks like the lawyer won
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Not really sure that spilling water should constitute 2 wks of eating off the gym floor. Why not just make them clean the gym floor? And why allow the taunts, which is a form of bullying? The whole thing was handled poorly. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought most attorneys got 1/3 of a settlement, not 1/2! If the school district's insurance didn't cover this whole mess, then who will suffer when it comes to paying out that kind of settlement? The kids, that's who. :(
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I agree the lawyer is the one who won.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2012