How likely am I to be pregnant with one positive test and multiple negative tests

My husband and I just started trying to conceive this past month. As far as I can tell we had sex several times during my ovulation. I am now 7 days late for my period, and I have had a few minor symptoms like tiredness and nipple sensitivity, but I'm afraid that it's all in my head. I took a pregnancy test the day before yesterday and it was positive. (it was a Clear Blue digital test). I immediately took two more, but they were both negative. (regular 1st response tests.) By this morning, (1st morning pee), I have now taken 7 negative tests since my positive test. Still no period but no major symptoms other then being moody and emotional, which could be because what I'm going through. Judging from my last period I should be somewhere in my 4th week of pregnancy, if I am pregnant. I hear it's very rare to get a false positive, so am I pregnant? I have had no bleeding to indicate that I would have had a chemical pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Go in for a blood test or wait a week and test again
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Go in for a blood test or wait a week and test again.... that's all anyone here can do for you. Sorry
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I would get a blood test. False positives are rare, but they do happen. I had one when we were TTC our 2nd child. Good luck.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I'm in the same boat kinda. AF is 4 days late, I took a test 2 days ago and it was negative. I'm waiting til Saturday to test again if I dont start by then. I would wait til the weekend and test again. If it is still negative call your doc and get a blood test. Some woman develop different amounts of hcg at a different pace. Some woman (very rare) never get a positive urine test because the hcg doesnt make it into their urine. Good luck :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 15, 2012

• So I took another Clear Blue digital test tonight. It was positive. It's the only brand of pregnancy test that has been positive. So that's 2 positive digital tests, but the regular test I took this morning was negative. But it was a dollar store test. now I don't know what to think!?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Just to update everyone, I got two more positives tonight. And they were the regular line tests. So I now feel confident that I am pregnant. Blood test is tomorrow, but I feel pretty sure. Thanks for all the advice! I guess the digital tests are very reliable. Even more notice then the line tests in my case.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Congrats! GL with your beta blood tests!
    pixy_styx

Answer by pixy_styx at 10:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2012

• Congratulations!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2012