if my husband has a cold, is it easy for my 1 month old to get a cold?

My husband has a cold. I am trying hard to prevent myself from getting it. i am also strictly a nursing mother. my doctor told me that right now his immune system is at its healthiest. So will he get sick easily?

jennyH1230

Asked by jennyH1230 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• My almost seven month old is breastfed. She has been around a lot of sickness. My husband and I have both been sick a few times. I try to limit outside germs because since I have not been around them I haven't built any immunity and she is vulnerable. So far, my dd hasn't had so much a a sniffle or upset stomach. Generally, if you are exposed to the germs, even if you don't get sick, you will pass anitbodies on through your breastmilk. Take normal precautions like handwashing and trying not to cough or sneeze on the baby, and your little one will probably be just fine.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009