What is a decent weekly rate to charge to babysit 3 children, age 3,2, and 1 month?

I posted a babysitting add on craigstlist and got a response from someone... she wants me to watch her three children, ages 3 yr, 2yr, and 1 month old from approx morning to 2pm or so. I believe Monday through Friday.

I was thinking about 150 a week since toddlers and a newborn is a lot of work... is that too much or too little? I don't want to charge an arm and a leg, what do you think of 150?

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 8:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• considering my daycare charged 140 a week per kid, I'd go with $200 since you are not licensed/accredited.
    Anonymous

• if is fulltime for 3 kids thats a steal, i charge 100 per week for full time and 50 per week partime per child, infants usually cost more but i dont charge more for them most people do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 8:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have a 8 month old and the woman charges $200 a week
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• At the daycare I use, I'd be paying $210/wk for the infant, $200/wk for the toddler and $190/wk for the preschooler...less a 10% discount for the second child (maybe third too). I think those are the latest rates...I don't feel like doing the math before the discount...lol.

$150/week for three is a steal. Don't sell your time short. Aren't you worth more than $30/day?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• not legal daycare is most the time 25 a day.. i pay 25 a day and extra 10 for another child with is 35 a day. which is about 175$ now when i work 12s i pay 50 which isnt much.. but its unlicensed so you cant charge an arm and a leg either really depents on the area your in.. and if she brings everything for the kids.. so i guess it depents.. I would tell her 200 like the other lady said.. but would make sure to set up price like i pay 5 an hour or 35 for 8 hours and 12 is 50 and anything above that is 5 an hour that way you make sure you are paid.. and that she doesnt just drop them off though it doesnt sound like its 8 hours a day depenting on how early ect.. find something that works for you..
    Anonymous

• Just to clarify, most states if you care for 3 or less children or all the children you care for are from the same family you are not required to be licensed and can still charge the going rate in your area. The childcare division for your state can offer guidelines.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• IF YOUR KEEPING THEM ALL ALL DAY LONG MON-FRI THEN DEFINITLY NO LESS THEN $200. I HAVE 2 KIDS OF MY OWN AGES 18MONTHS AND 4 AND TRUST ME THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY OF THAT!
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 7:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• How many hours? I used to nanny full time for a 3 yo 1 yo and infant and I made $450 a week. All three were still in diapers.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i provide daycare in virginia, for 3 children i would be charging 250 a week. even thats cheap for some areas.
    fcangel9

Answer by fcangel9 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2009