What age to stop pre-washing new clothes?

obviously we all love doing newborn clothes in Dreft and nesting all those teeny socks into perfect little balls of cuteness.

And teenagers and their stinkin' Aero hoodies likely don't give a flying funk about pre washing... so where's the in between? My sweeties start 1st and 2nd grade soon and I'm pre washing their clothes haul still. When did you stop? Or will u stop?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I was all new clothes.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Never. I still prewash my clothes.

Answer by missanc at 12:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I prewash everything. Even for me and DH. I watched an episode of House and it freaked me... ( i know the possibilities of it really happening are extremely rare.. but I can't shake the idea.)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I usually wash all new clothes, regardless of who they are for. God only knows what it's been through before I bought it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I wash all new clothes. There was a report about the bacteria found on new clothes, and I was shocked at the types of things they found on clothes!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I always prewash new clothes. A lot of them have setting (startch) in them, and you never know how many people tried them one first.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Soooo I'm at the total opposite end of the spectrum of everyone else and never wash new clothes. I'm so bad ass.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I've always pre-washed our new clothes no matter what. Some of the clothes actually say "wash before wearing" on the tags, so to be safe I wash them all.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I wash them because they are full of chemicals like formaldehyde and I also don't know who tried them on before us.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I wash all of our new clothes before we wear them.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2012