Regrets on your kids names

Not that you'd want to change it but what do you know now that you didn't know then that might possibly impact your choice?

for us our daughter Molly I didn't expect people to be constantly asking how to spell it. We went to great lengths to avoid things like that. I had no idea there was so many variations

for son we didn't realize in 2004 is was going to end up being unisex and we don't like that aspect one bit

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Baby Names

• I love my son's name,but 50% of the time they pronounce it wrong

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I would change my sons middler name from lee to somthing else ever since we named him everyone in his family keeps using it!!
    supgrl87

Answer by supgrl87 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Oh,and his initials being BMJ weren't intentional

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I changed one letter in my son's name that I don't necessarily regret but don't think it's as "cute" or whatever the hell I thought when I decided on it. But it does make him him, and I can't imagine his name being spelled the "correct" way because it just wouldn't be....him.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I wish I would've picked a girlier name for dd. Hers is a unisex name, although I've heard girls with the name more than boys, and I still like her name and think it's cute. Still... Wish I had gone for a more feminine name.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• nothing. i love my ds's name.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Nope, I luv my daughter name( Savannah) even though everyone keep calling her Samantha.
    natachact

Answer by natachact at 12:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Oh I was also never a fan of the middle name we chose, but we chose it because it's my husband's middle name and the name he goes by lol. I never liked it, but luckily I don't love him for his name.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• just the fact that i gave him his bio dads middle name. glad i didnt name him his first name too
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I had never known an Ahley and when I named my daughter- suddenly, they were EVERYWHERE- there were FOUR of them at her first doctor appt. UGH
    I really wish I had stuck with Berlin as her first name...but what can I do?!
    *At least it's her middle name

*I changed it to Ashley when they brought the papers in to sign- I jsut couldn't get the thought of kids calling her "burly" and I couldn't have that- it jumped into my head a few days before she was born - so I changed it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2012