can i still have sex if i have a uti??

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• Whoa people! If you feel like having sex then do it! It is a UTI and yes there is a very tiny chance that he can get it but if she is already being treated then that tiny chance goes down even more. If he urinates after sex then it drops even more.

No big deal! Have sex if you are up to it ;) I know I couldn't so more power to you!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• sure you CAN... is it recommended NO
    UTIs are considered STDs too because they can be transmitted by sexual intercourse
    Anonymous

• I had one and was on meds for it and when i started feeling better "down there" I had sex and i'm fine i was still on the med....
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• anon- STD's are sexually transmitted diseases... UTI is an infection* So no it's not considered an STD.

Yes you can.
    Anonymous

• ok anon 9:18 - do you know the definition of infection? LOL yes infections can be transmitted person to person if it's bacterial. why do you think people wash their hands with disinfectants (see the root words there... notice how they are both INFECT)

Anonymous

• http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/sexandrelationships/femalesexproblems/200922.html
    Anonymous

• Not recommended to have sex while you have a UTI. Finish your medication first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Why would you WANT to? Take a break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Seriously?! Are you really that clueless? You have an infection in that area - what do YOU think? Why didn't you ask your doctor? He/she did go to school for 8 years and then completed several years of residency and knows the specifics of your situation so it stands to reason that he/she would know the correct answer to this. DUH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I've had a history of UTI'S and they are very painful...I couldn't even imagine having sex while I have one. AND NO they are def not considered an STD..they can NOT be given to your partner either. The way most women get them, is from not cleaning up properly after sex...and from the bacteria that's pushed up towards the bladder during intercourse. That isn't being given to you, it's being caused by that. Trust me I know, I've had about 12 in my life at least.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009