Can it be a sense of supremecy?

This is an amazing essay on understanding the differences between ideologies pertaining to gay rights.

If you're tired of the topic, move on.  This is for those who still are exploring how they feel about gay rights, feel justified in denying homosexuals equal rights, claim to 'love' homosexuals, but don't think they should be able to marry, and for those who are in complete favor of equal rights but want to understand the 'other side'.

The essay is a bit long, but you will not regret reading it from start to finish.  You'll probably want to share it, as I did.  It's that good.  Enjoy and discuss!

Aesop to the Right: Why I Believe Bristol Palin

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 2:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Religious Debate

• That was wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• That was a brilliantly written article. Thank you for sharing.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I love this!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• That was wonderful. I love how he put it:
    "Supremacy is why you and Bristol Palin have more outrage at your own inconvenience than at the legitimate oppression of others.

Supremacy is what causes you to believe that whatever status or privilege you enjoy is the will of God, so that the very act of fighting you politically is an ungodly act."

Brilliant. TFS!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I am not exploring, I know how I feel about it. I would assume that most of those answering have made their mind up too, you just happen to agree with them.

Gay people are equal to me in every single way, including a sinful nature. I too neither hate nor fear gay people. It has nothing to do with who they are but what they do. It has nothing to do with being better, we just struggle with different issues.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I'm curious to know if you read the essay.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• why in the world did I get 2 DV's? People don't like my opinion on an essay? wow.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I have not enjoyed an article like this in a very long time, what an eloquent young man and how he gets down to the nitty gritty!!! I read the whole thing! I could not stop reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course no one here against gays will take the time to do so, what a shame............................but I for one thank you from the bottom of my heart you posted this, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will pass this on....

Answer by older at 4:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Going by ad's answer, she did not read the whole thing.....ad what they do is part of who they are......

Answer by older at 4:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I think what I like best is the analogy of being a "king" or Lion, and the pride that comes along with that. The inability to see past ones' pride in order to see the person in front of you, instead of their so called "action".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2012