Please help ... should i change itto Friday or just go ahead with Saturday?

Ok i went to see the RE today. He said that I have 2 good size folliciles, and 3 more that were not that far behind. I am suppose to give myself the HCG shot on Friday so hubby & I can go in for our first IUI on Saturday. I came home after hubbys lasik apt. around 6:30 & took a ovulation test, and there was a faint positive. I mean the line was there and I could see it. Its not that dark but I know that tomorrow it will be darker. Once it gets darker that means that I should ovulate within 2436 hours riht? I was wondering if I should call my RE in the am and tell him that I got a faint+ today an I want to go ahead with the IUI on Friday. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• for OPK's its negative unless the line is as dark as the control line
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think if your RE is monitoring follicles and giving you a time for the HCG shot, then you probably need to stick with that. On the other hand, I'm kind of surprised they aren't going to monitor you again with that many possible follicles ready. With my twins I had 3 follicles ready and several more almost ready, so we moved everything up to avoid having too many ready at once. Now that I think about it, I think you should call the REs office to ask how many follicles they expect to actually be ready if you wait until the scheduled time, because if all 5 will be ready it might be better to do it earlier and only be shooting for two. Again, your RE has probably already taken this in to consideration, but there is a huge difference between having 2 possible babies and having 5! I remember what it's like! Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2009