Do I have to get married to have command sponsorship?

Im dating this guy from another country, but not yet ready to get married. I am in the Army. I dont want to rush in to marriage. Do I have to marry him in order for him to be command sponsored over in the USA? Even if he wasn't command sponsored, would I have to marry him in order to get family housing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Military

• If he's not a dependent, he's not going to get command sponsorships anywhere and if you don't have dependents you don't get family housing. You either get BAH if allowed to live off base or you live in the barracks. If he doesn't follow the proper channels on coming here to the US then he's here illegally.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Seriously I have a hard time believing that anyone in the Army would ask this question.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2012