what do u think

ok here goes what do u think. met this guy online. then we met in person. we have been talking on phone and online. He is everything i have been looking for in a guy. He is cute, sweet and all around nice guy. We had both decided that we were not looking for a relationship just friends with benefits mostly.. Here is my problem. I met him and like him. I like him a lot. He is military. He leaves in two days. I wont see him for a month. I dont want to appear too needy with him. since we did say that we were not looking for a relationship. But i think that we may become more than that over time. I should also say that he is 14 years my junior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Not really understanding that last part sorry
    Anonymous

• OMG I think I just broke up with him. He just wants to do you. They all say they are going away in 2 days so you'll give it up and they can move on to the next woman! These military guys just like counting the notches in their belt. They tell you they will sexually rock your world and then when you decide to test them on it they just want a bj and a hole for a quick deposit and have no intention of filling any of your needs. Tell him you just want to be friends and see how fast he leaves....then at some point you find out he's even married. Don't fall for the I'm a widower line either.
    Anonymous

• Well I'm married to a military man and alot of his friends just want a friends w/ benifits well the younger ones! They always bug me asking me for my friends number and stuff....but then u got the ones who are more mature and are really lonley ( alot of military men are very lonley) so some jump into a relationship just to have somebody...But he made it clear he dont want a relationship so if it was me i would just be friends w/ the guy dont let him use you.....I would tell him he's an awesome guy and let him know u like him but unless he wants a relationship w/ u i would not have sex w/ him... where is he going for a mth? is he going to some kind of school??
    Anonymous

• He told me he was going away for training. He is training to be shipped out to iraq is what he said. I dont know
    Anonymous

• They all go to a month long training mission before deployment (trust me, hubby is military). When he comes home, he will only be back for a few weeks before he deploys generally. I have dated two guys in the military, The first said he wanted a friends with benefits and he used me. There was no growing committment or any fairytale like that. The second was honest up front that he wanted something serious. We have been married for two years and have a beautiful daughter. I think the key difference is that the first guy was preparing to deploy and my hubby knew when he met me he wasn't going anywhere for a while. If he is getting ready to deploy (which he probably isn't lying about unless he a real slimeball), his head is probably not in the frmae of mind for establishing a relationship that he knows will be difficult to maintain if he is deployed in its infancy.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The best thing you can do is to not give too much of yourself or your heart up too soon. Be his friend and try to send him messages or care packages while he is gone. If after that you still care about him, he may realize if he is capable of feeling that way towards you.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2009