Is CM a team sport for you?

Is it all about us and them, the elite, the minions, the cabals, the n00bs, and the trolls? Is any combination of 3 or more people who disagree with you automatically a cohesive unit out to get you? Do you refuse to disagree with people you think of as being on your own team? Do you refuse to agree with people you think of as being on the other team?

Are you sitting here reading this question and insisting it's a personal call out aimed at you, putting hidden meaning in every third word, because you see my user name and that automatically means I'm one of the "enemy" team?

Are you sitting here reading this question and insisting it's a personal call out aimed at someone you don't like, putting hidden meaning in every third word, because you see my user name and that automatically means I'm on your side no matter what?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in About CafeMom

• LOL, nope. There is a group of girls that I am closer too, but I have disagreed with them and they with me. There is no one I automatically disagree with just because of a screen name. There are certain people that I expect certain answers from and I am rarely surprised by them. I only think of elite or noob or gangs or anything like that when someone brings it up or lumps everyone together for whatever reason.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Is it all about us and them, the elite, the minions, the cabals, the n00bs, and the trolls?  I thought answers was about all of us.

Is any combination of 3 or more people who disagree with you automatically a cohesive unit out to get you? Not necessarily, just different opinions and ideals.

Do you refuse to disagree with people you think of as being on your own team?No, but I don't really feel a need to rebut someone's opinion every time I disagree with them.

Do you refuse to agree with people you think of as being on the other team?  No, I will agree with someone I do not normally side with right up until they insult me or my ideals. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Not a team sport to me. It's just a place I go to have fun, share part of my life using a screen name, develop cyber friendships, at times hone my sarcasm skills, and share my incredible wealth of knowledge with others. I'm slow...so some of these types of questions leave me feeling left out. But it doesn't keep me from playing.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Nope. Like Kmath, I'm closer to some. But, I have found myself disagreeing with a few of them lately (even ones I'm FB friends with too) in the debate sections. But, being an adult, to some degree :), I realize that I can still like those I occasionally disagree with. And, hell, I even find myself UV'ing those I normally disagree with in the debate section in other sections like JFF.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• nope its just a website, I come on when I am bored
    if there is something fun great, if there is drama and I need an outlet YEAH for me I came on the right day
    if there is ridiculousness that can be made fun of yippee again

I dont care who you are, if you post something I have anything to add to I will do so, if you post something I could care less about then I skip over you.

Some of my regular friends are friends with those who would puke if I spoke to them, I dont care, I associate with them because of something we have in cmmon most likely- who cares who thier friends are.

Sad that others have been shunned for being friends with others.

I also knwo that some who may be considered on my team would ask that I back off sometimes- so wether its a group a club a team LMAO, even people in them have disagreements and dont care for EVEYTHING that happens.

luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I'm the new kid that nobody trusts but everyone is attracted to. Like Edward in Twilight. I don't need a group. *pops collar*
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Are you sitting here reading this question and insisting it's a personal call out aimed at you, putting hidden meaning in every third word, because you see my user name and that automatically means I'm one of the "enemy" team?

Why yes yes you are...wait aren't we on the same "team".....OMG you pretended to like me just so you could have more intel for gangin up one me......Where's my ball? Give me back my ball! I wanna go home! MOMMY!!!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

I did not dv you, and would vote this up, except you had to go and put the T word in there.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• What was the dv for? The popped collar?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• On a serious note, No. If I like you one week there's a good chance I won't like you the next. I don't really consider anyone on here as a "friend" just "someone I may talk with when I'm on cafemom" then again I may not. Since most of my activity entails answering posts... Let's just say I answer regardless of whether someone will agree or not. If t hey do agree with me (or I with them) Hey great, if not WHO CARES!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2012