Will you vote no?

The Senate recently began debate on an economic stimulus package that is intended to get our economy get back on track and help Americans who are suffering through these difficult times. Unfortunately, the proposal on the table is big on the giveaways for the special interests and corporate high rollers, yet short on help for ordinary working Americans.

I cannot and do not support the package on the table from the Democrats and the Obama Administration. Our country does not need just another spending bill, particularly not one that will load future generations with the burden of massive debt. We need a short term stimulus bill that will directly help people, create jobs, and provide a jolt to our economy.

Please join me in saying no to this stimulus package as it currently exists by signing the petition to the right and telling your friends about our efforts.

John McCain
Chair, Country First PAC

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 9:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Signed it and sent the link to everyone I know and asked them to keep it circulating. Thanks for posting this. I've been contacting my representatives as well and urge everyone else to do the same.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 10:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• LINK?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Amen to McCain. He wants to cut taxes for those who pay them. Many do pay in a small amount get it all back and a few thousand more. They are getting a welfare check basically. The middle income need to keep more of their own money. They are people who will bring the econony back.  We need some relief.  The 5 percent across the board tax cut that Republicans want would put an additional 440 a month in our pockets.  That would pay for our groceries.  We pay in 26k a year so keeping more of that would be nice. 

Anonymous

• I'm not real fond of the current stimulus package, what I have read on it anyway. Seems like too much wasted spending to me.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Ok where is the petition? I have to get everyone I ever met ever to sign it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Umm, where did you get this? I'm not going to trust some random email someone's gramma sent them. Sorry, I want proof this is real.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I will sign, if there is no petition, maybe we should just all write our senators? The more people they hear from, the more likely they are to listen.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• http://www.countryfirstpac.com/petition/economic.aspx
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

Hah !!!! got it!!

google was being a bit of a jerk about it. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• and continue to bother your reps too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009