Do you have faith that the next generation isn't going to make a bloody mess of this country?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 7:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• No, not really.
    Beeyatch80

Answer by Beeyatch80 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• They way these parents are raising their kids now days. Their will be not America when they are though with it. That is a NO.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Nope, no faith in that at all. Have you seen how entitled these kids are, and how spoiled? It scares me, the way most kids are being raised these days.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• That's is sad. Sometimes it takes a big wake up call. For all we know they may have the answers to the problems we created and allowed to happen. Yes I have hope in future generations.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• i can't speak for the entire generation, but i know we (dh/i) are trying our level best to raise a conscious child, one who is aware of his surroundings and his world, and his responsibilities. i can hope others do the same.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Too late...
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• You're asking this about children who are never taught to accept responsibility for their actions, get awards for doing nothing, and have grown up believing that it's always someone else's fault?

No, I have no faith that they won't make a mess of everything. I wish I didn't think the way I do or that I saw some signs of hope.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• are you talking about my generation, the Millennials (those born after 1981 but before 2001) or the generation after that?

i read a book a while back that said great generations go in cycles.according to the author those of this next generation (those born after 2001) will be the next Greatest Generation b/c those who grow up in hard times always turn out to be better at solving the worlds problems. they see things differently and see the error of their parents & grandparents ways, they are willing to compromise on the small things to get the big things done. i think that my kids generation will fix the problems our generations have caused.

and for all those harping on "the next generation" you do realize you're the ones who raised them right? that they are only as good or bad as you raised them to be? what does it say of your own generation if the generation after you sucks?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• My thoughts exactly when parents complain of the children and the children's generation. I want to yell, then DO something. I have faith that the world will keep on spinning and life goes on. What it will look like and the quality of that is in our hands at this moment. Wi it be polluted and stinky because you consume too much and do not recycle? Will we be at war for oil because you voted for those elected officials? Will all people enjoy the same civil rights? All that depends on you right now. How you raise your child and the actions you take now when modeling your behaviors is the direction this culture will follow. And yes, I think about that day to day while raising my child.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I have hope. We have tried to rear my sons to be responsible for their own actions. Accept the consequences good and bad. Seek to learn from their mistakes and successes. We have also tried to instill that we do help those who are struggling. We provide the help so that people can help themselves. We are responsible for our gov't and not the other way around. I hope that more parents are teaching their children the same message. Hard work. A sense of morals and values that come from a place of security (in our case, Christianity). Sympathy, Empathy. Loyalty. Respect. Kindness. Honor. All of these, and more, character traits have to be explicitly taught. If they are, I have hope that the next generation can keep this country on the tract which it was founded.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2012