Would you be ticked?

My SO won't get a debit card so he used mine and says "I'll pay you back." I asked him when, no hurry, just when you can. So he said next time he gets paid. I'm like okay, thats fine, give it time. Now he got paid and won't pay me back for it. Another thing I've noticed is that when our son and I were in the store, there was a measuring device stashed away in the cart. I grab it and give it to him, thinking he was forgetting to put it at the check out. Anyway, he got all mad and said I didn't want to pay for it. I told him then you should have given it to the cashier and said you didn't want it. He said "but I did." Does this all sound suspicious or am I jumping to conclusions?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont let him use your debit card. DUH! Make him wait till he gets paid.
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 9:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sounds like he is trying to take advantage of you. Find someone new.
    Renee21

Answer by Renee21 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• how long have u guys been together? Dont let him use u girl! He needs to get his own debit card and money and be buying you stuff! unless u guys put ur money together...... I never had to spend a dime on my husband when we were dating unless i did it like buy him something b/c i wanted to ( for 2 yrs) then when we moving in together we put our money together .....but dont give him ur card and if u guys are seriouse and live together try putting ur money together and you handle the money or something....
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i think that the guy should pay for most of the things, but it doesn't hurt ot pitch in. i think he is using you, i would tell him how you feel. does he live with you?
    mommytiffini

Answer by mommytiffini at 9:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I am with armywife! I never HAD to pay for anything while we were dating and would have thought a lil less of my dh if I had to while we were dating. Unless it was just a time or two. I would never pay a mans way, unless he was just in a bad situation. Now I am not saying he got layed off and needed help for a week or two or something like that. What I am talking about is a constant never wanting to pay for anything. He is just using you and taking what he can. Course I just expect more out of men than what most ppl do.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sounds like he is using you for a free ride.
    if he cares talk to him and if he gets mad when you do not pay for things that your not in a relationship,but only his as it is called:sugar momma"
    Sorry i would worry about you and your child until he shows otherwise in his actions.
    Anonymous

• I would be very careful of what you let him have access too. No personal information laying around like your soc #. This seems rude to have such an air of entitlement. Try to keep your finances seperate for a time. Is he working?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2009