• In the Spotlight:

I need advice...please help!

My DH & I got a year and a half old rottie for Christmas it was a gift for the both of us. We combined what we were going to spend for eachother and got the dog. We have had the dog for about 2 weeks...(Long Story) The puppies name is Chief, I love him to death but he is destructive when he gets board. The reason why I posted this here, is because lately my DH has been saying to me, that he doesn't know how I am going to handle having kids. I am getting kinda annoyed with him saying this stuff to me, because a dog is so much different then a baby. I mean in some ways. I told him , I said, I will be a great mother.

How can I nicely say to him what i am feeling. I thought of writing him a letter. I dont know if thats a smart idea. I dont get why he is saying this to me, if he doesnt even want kids right now, and when we do talk about having kids, he gets all wierd...

Suggestions please! I would love some advice,Thanks

leahbnaiteacher

Asked by leahbnaiteacher at 9:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well he has to understand that you can't expect to get a dog and compare it to a baby, LOL Just sit him down and tell him how u feel. Just tell him what your plans are as far as having kids in the future, Do Not write a letter, most guys hate reading anything that's not in the sports section in a magazine or newspaper, LOL. Advice him to hear you out completely, and then ask for his input and how he feels about kids in the future. I hope this helps!!!
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If it was my husband I would say that when it comes time for me to be a mother. I know I will be great. If he is getting wierded out when talking about it. It sounds like he isn't ready (JMO). But saying something like that let him know you want children, but you are not say it has to happen right now. Good Luck!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009