If you read tarot cards

How did you start and do you read your own cards? I went with my sil but did not have mine read. But it was very interesting. Oh and can anyone start reading them? Thanks.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 8:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• You're not supposed to read your own cards, as far as I know.
    I started by learning all the cards. I then would pull one a day, and try to listen to my intitution as to what I felt it meant in that moment. This helped me a lot to learn to read them, as well as listen to my inner voice.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• Is there a reason your not supose to read your own?
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• HOnestly, I think it's because your own intuition can interfere with the energy you use to read them. I don't think you can get an accurate reading on yourself.
    That's what I always thought about it. There may be a more detailed reason why that someone else knows though.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• I started reading them myself when I was 10 or 11. Yes, anyone can read them, but the amount of time you put into it will determine how good you get. For example, if you purchase a deck just for fun and rely on the book for every reading, it's probably not going to be as personal. But, if you take the time to learn to interpret the cards on your own, the readings will be more personal for you. I don't think I've met more than one reader that didn't read for himself/herself, btw. Some people say you can't read for yourself, but you can. I find that my readings done by other people are usually much less accurate than readings I do for myself.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• The best way to learn the cards is to learn to read them for yourself. IF you want to learn the cards, find a good book that teaches tarot. Take a look at several different books before choosing. Use a basic deck to learn with. Stick to it! It's a lot to learn but it will come together. There are a lot of "traditions" about the cards. But don't worry, you can break them. Nothing is going to happen and it doesn't harm your readings. So, go ahead, buy your first deck; keep it in the box, dry and clean and read for yourself.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:33 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• why did I get DV's on THIS post???? lmao. Some people need a life.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I thought you could read your own. Idk. I read about it but never tried it.
    ..Serenity..

Answer by ..Serenity.. at 6:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• How did you start  I totally took a class at the local community college. 

and do you read your own cards?  Sometimes...I ask the Universe questions, and the cards "answer". 

Oh and can anyone start reading them?  yes, of course

Thanks.  Your welcome

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I just decided that I wanted to learn to read and went and bought a deck. I have always done my own readings and readings for friends. I am very picky about my cards ... no one and I mean NO ONE touches my cards but me.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• A friend gave me a deck and a companion book.  Sadly, I have the deck, but in the many moves I've made since my friend gave me the gift, the book seems to be lost. I wonder if any tarot book would do, or if it's best to use the book that complements the cards  It's a really lovely deck.  I still think of my friend whenever I come across it.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2012