can you be 16 weeks pregnant and loose the baby but have no signs

i have been told you would have either cramping or bleeding but i read a couple of places of moms whos babies died meaning their babies heart just stopped beating and they had no signs. i am 23 years old but am concerned.

aprilhope1

Asked by aprilhope1 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes things just happen so yes it is possible but not likly..I would just try to enjoy your pregnacy :) there's so much stress you can go threw if all u do is what if or the can this happen and will it happen to me?
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 4:21 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• It can happen. However it's not as likely. Try not to worry, I know that's easier said than done. Enjoy this time.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• At 16 weeks you most likely will have symptoms as you will have to expell the baby, but it would be several days after the heart stops beating. But try not to worry.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:27 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I think you need to go to the doctor, eventually you would have signs, but perhaps not right away,, What is going on to make you think there is something wrong?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• most women by 16 wks are feeling the baby move..i would say if you havent felt movement then that would be a sign
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I would think you would have some sort of sign.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I think you are just worrying yourself, but call the doctor and get in to hear a heartbeat just to ease your mind. 16 weeks is the point when your body seems to calm down a bit. Morning sickness is over, your breasts might not be sore anymore, you don't have that same feeling. I didn't feel movement with my daughter until 20 weeks. Good luck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• and just so people know its just a gut feeling ive had no signs and have also been told that since this is my first pregnancy i might not feel the baby til later on...
    aprilhope1

Comment by aprilhope1 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• So you have tested positive for a pregnancy? Have you gone to a Dr. yet? They can do an ultrasound to see if there is heart beat. If you are worried then call an OBGYN today & set your mind at rest. GL.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I didn't feel my first baby move until 22 weeks. At 16 you would only feel mild flutters, and probably not even be aware of them. You should really stop worrying yourself. You are probably fine. You would be cramping and bleeding. If you have been getting prenatal care, a simple ultrasound or even a doppler would clear that up for you.
    Beeyatch80

Answer by Beeyatch80 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2012