Do your dogs like to chase flies?

Mine do

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 10:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2012 in Pets

• no not really, she is a husky, so bigger animals are her thing. Like rabbits, bunnies, and squirrels. :)
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 11:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2012

• I've had dogs that would snap at flies but never actually chase them.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Not really but birds are a favorite to watch from the window and do pretend attacts.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Yes, when I had mine he did. Lazer lights drove him insane too.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Only if the fly comes in his "one eye vision space". I've seen other dogs do this a lot, but I guess it's hard for this guy to see them. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:50 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Yes and it's pretty much the only thing he'll actively "hunt."

He's a big, Golden Retriever. He tried to track and catch a bird once. It moved as he pounced. He's not bothered to try again. Instead he'll lay on the floor and snap at flies. . . but only if they come near him. He lays low and still like it won't notice him. Then he chomps. It amuses me greatly.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• When he was alive he used to love to chase flies. He was a big boy and sometimes the flies were small and it was funny just seeing him snap his jaws at the air. The kids would help him keep track of where it went.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:02 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• only one of my dogs does, the hounds just look at them and lie back down lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Yes! My dog will chase them and eat them!! The other day he caught two at once. It's so gross....but funny too!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Our dogs have both died. But, the older dog would chase the leaves as they fell off the trees in the fall. It was constant barking all day long every day for weeks on end. I would lock her in the house and close the curtains when it was too much for me to listen to.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:43 AM on Aug. 16, 2012