Are sleep positioners safe?

Kennedysmom210

Asked by Kennedysmom210 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that they are! my daughter slept with a sleep positioner until she could roll. i always had her sleep on her side, because i personally believe that is the safest position. but they are fine until they can scoot and roll
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My DD has used a sleep positioner since day 1. She loves sleeping on her side. I think they are safer. It keeps them from rolling or scooting into bumpers or whatever.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my daughter slept perfectly in hers, that is until she could roll now i couldnt keep her in one for a million dollars lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was told that ANYTHING in the crib is a SIDS risk and sleep posioners are not safe because a child could wiggle down and press their face against the positioner and sufficate (like what happens if you have a bumper pad on the crib)
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 10:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I used a positioner with my son until about 3 weeks ago when he out grew it. He liked to sleep in his side and would roll onto his side at 2 days old anyway. I felt it was safer to put him on his side in a positioner rather than letting him roll by himself and maybe end up suffocating him
    kayjay8806

Answer by kayjay8806 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2009