Sleeping schedules for six month olds?

What kind of schedule does/did yours have at this age? Hayden is all over the place and no matter what I do I can't get her on a schedule. Now she seems to be getting up earlier and earlier. I heard her at 4:45 a.m. this morning. I didn't get her up until she started fussing an hour later. But these 5:30 mornings are taking a lot out of me. Two months ago she would sleep till close to 7. She goes down around 6 - 6:30. Doc said to try keeping her up an extra half hour to hour to get her naps down but she gets so cranky that I have to put her down. Help!

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at 6 months we were going to bed between 9 and 10 and now at 7 mons she has adjusted her own schedule to go down at 8 and gets up around 8--mine has been sleeping 12 hour nights since she was about 4 mos old.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my daughter goes down for the night at about 11, shes a night owl and so are we. she sleeps to anywhere between 9am and 10 am. shes usually up for 2 hours after that, then shell sleep for 1 1/2 hours, then up for another 2-3 then another nap for about an hour then she stays up til 11 and we repeat! lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• at 6 months, my son went to bed around 7:30 once in a while woke up in the middle of the night not to often tho and he actually didn't wake up until 6:30.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My son (7 1/2months) goes to bed at 7:30PM and sleeps until 8AM. I suggest reading the baby sleep book by the sears family. That is what worked for me!
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 10:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Mine at six months was a little difficult. I had a friend tell me to just watch her cues (i.e. she rubs her eyes when she is tired) and just go with the flow...eventually I would see a pattern and to then just set it in stone. I did that and for the most part it worked. However, she seemed to be functioning on a 23 hour day instead of 24! Each day she'd be ready for naps and bedtime a little earlier. So every couple of days we had to have a three nap day to get her back on schedule. She was finally good by 7 mo...bed at 8 pm, awake at 7 am, nap at 10 am, nap at 3 pm. She is a little over nine months now and is still on the same schedule.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009