What is it like to have a man help you with the kids?

When I was married I was a single mom. What is it like to have a man involved in your children's life? I am mainly speaking of the father of your kids.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 10:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• It's truely a blessing- right now hubby and son are asleep on the couch together. I love them both so much.. I know I am truely blessed and try not to take him for granted.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I am very thankful for my husband! He is a great Daddy. I feel very blessed to have him.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It's great, my husband helps out around the house and with the kids. He knows when I need a break and he will take the kids with him to run errands so I can relax.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• well I have 3 kids but I left their father 5 months ago he never helped me with the kids...but I have a boyfriend now we moved in wit him he helps me wit everything hes the father my kids never had he helps them wit homework and all its great...
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• its wonderful! i love knowing that he is going to come home from work and I can have a break! im a stay at home mom so mommyness is my job, and its just nice to know that i dont have to do everything 24 hrs a day. my daughter loves seeing him come home, even though shes only 7 months old, she still knows daddy and she gets so happy and it just warms my heart.
    im sorry you didnt get to experience that. Thats definitely not fair to you.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i wouldnt know. im married but my husband wont hold the baby, feed him, or anything. when the baby cries hubby turns up the tv. i feel like im a single mother.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Definitely worth every minute of crap I went through looking for Mr. Right.
    Anonymous

• Well, for me I don't think it would be much different. Not everyone's man is a blessing. Mine is like a bigger whinier version of my child. He doesn't help without me asking or begging or reminding, and he resents doing anything at all OR he only does something to hear the praise or be rewarded. He's out having fun any chance he gets and doesn't think twice because he knows that if he doesn't do it, that I'll be responsible enough to take care of whatever it is that needs to be done. Men can be selfish. Sometimes I think I could avoid a lot of heartache and disappointment if he weren't around, because then I wouldn't expect him to be doing things that he just doesn't do.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 10:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Well mine doesnt help out alot and i do feel like a single mom at times!! but if i really need his help he does always step up and do it he is a good dad and sometimes if i want or need help around the house i literally have to let something go to the point of it pissing him off and then he will help!! lol
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sorry, sweetie ~ I'm one of those married but yet feel like a single mom! LOL
    BusyMom5x

Answer by BusyMom5x at 10:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009