Is it possible for her eyes to be blue?!

My 6 month old has blue eyes, which I thought were turning green, but they aren't anymore. Here's the thing, I have green eyes and her dad has brown. His mom has blue eyes, could she have gotten them from her? I really wanted her to have green eyes =(

b_pacheco

Asked by b_pacheco at 10:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think they still have time to change, but theres a chance that they are going to be blue =( im sorry.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes, it is possible! Although the most likely color for her to get would be brown because it is dominant. My hubby and I both have brown eyes and our youngest daughter has blue! Recessive genes I guess!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Genetics are very strange but very interesting. She absolutely could have blue eyes. Blue eyes are a recessive gene. My mom has green eyes and my dad blue. My sister and I both have blue eyes. My DD is 5 months old and her eyes are getting lighter almost a blue green. But the thing is her daddy is Hispanic so Dark all over. And she has some blond hair coming in. Every color of eyes except blue is a shade of brown. Blue eyes don't have the pigment. Anyway, its possible with her grandma having blue eyes that she could. sorry if I confused you I love genetics.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• usually eyes are fully changed by age 2 :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It can be that your 6 month old has gotten blue eyes from her grandmother,but also remember even tho they say around 6 months the eyes change color, her eyes can still change anytime, my sons were bright blue until about 9 months than they changed to hazel.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If one of your parents and one of his has blue, there is a very good chance they'll stay blue. I was surprised when both my daughters eyes stayed blue(one is a lighter blue than the other). It was a surprised because their dad and I both have green!! We found out that because his dad and my dad both have blue eyes, the chance increased so much, and in my case, gave both my kids the blue eyes. I still think its wierd.
    Anonymous

• My son has blue eyes and my SO are green and mine are dark brown. He is already 26 months, so it looks like they are going to stay that way!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Recessive genes would be the cause, They have a chance at changing but usually not after two years of age. I have hazel eyes and my sons sperm donor had dark brown eyes, my mom has dark brown eyes and my dad had green eyes His mom has brown eyes and dad had brown eyes, but my son was born with blue eyes! My grandma and aunts and uncles on my moms side all had blue eyes, so it must have skipped.
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 10:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my son has blue eyes at almost 9 months, mine are dark brown, my husband's brown and his mother and brother have blue eyes. so if they don't change he got his blue eyes from Grandma. I also don't know if hair color works like eye color, but my son has light blond hair and his father has dark brown hair and mine is med blond
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2009