If you homeschool....

would you be willing to show a picture of your set up/school area?

I would never feel comfortable with actually homeschooling but we're ALWAYS discussing the option of an online academy. I'd still need a good set up though for projects and whatnot

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2012 in

• EDIT: my husband wants to buy or make one super long table like 7ft and have room for seating, projects, computer all in 1 spot. I am not loving that 100%
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I wouldn't do one table just because I know I wouldn't want to sit in one spot all day. I would do a couple areas so you can break it up a little. I don't homeschool but I have thought about it and had thought about how to set it up. I know I would have at least two different areas, one computer area and another big desk for projects, plus probably a reading area.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• I don't have a dedicated spot. Well, I do, but it's not just for homeschooling. lol We use the dining room table. I have a bookcase in the same area where I store all of our supplies and books. We have a computer for each kid (by accident, not intentionally), one on either side of the dining room. I sit on the long side of the table, and they each sit on the ends, so that I'm basically in between them and easily able to look at what they're doing and/or help them.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• Oh, and the table is only for written work. If they're just reading, we usually do that in the living room. I know I can't stand trying to enjoy a book while sitting in a hardbacked, uncomfortable chair.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2012

• We use an academy. Their seatwork is done at their own tables. They can do project or homework where ever they feel comfortable. They can do the same with reading. I don't have any pictures of it just yet, b/c we are working on getting it set up for this next school year. We had to move the location of the desk (4 ft table).
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2012