What do you buy for your kids friends birthday party gifts? How much do you spend?

What/Where and How Much do you spend on your kid's friends birthday party gifts? Also check out www.cjkidz.com (CJKidz Products Page) for inexpensive gift ideas for kids. Share your birthday gift ideas and help other moms get ideas.

momjs

Asked by momjs at 10:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Shopping

• I spend less than 20 for other kids bday stuff usually. Usually something interactive and that uses creativity. If I can I try to get outside toys for kids over 5 or ones with siblings.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I also spend less than $20 on average. If there is a new kids movie out that is popular, I will sometimes buy that (like I just got my daughter's little friend Kung Fu Panda and he loved it), for older kids, a gift card for favorite stores or movie theater gift card, for toddlers I get interactive toys, puzzles, or age appropriate board games (I stay away from things I think would annoy me if my kids got them for gifts--noisy toys, toys with loads of small pieces, cothing that is hard to care for...) It just depends on the kid really.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I often get a book, something crafty, or something I made (or a combination.)

The last birthday party we went to was for a seven year old boy and we got him a marble run because my daughter said he played with the one at school all the time.

Before that, we actually gave a couple items to a friend's daughter that were new items that we received as gifts for Christmas that we already had. Since the friend knows what our budget is like and her daughter did not have those things, it was welcome.
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 12:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Between $10. to $20.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 10:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I buy the same gifts for pretty much every kid! I sell Usborne Books www.ubah.com/u2688
    I usually spend between $5 -$20 on a nice book for the child depending on how well we know them and then I buy a couple of fun bath products usually the bathtime body paints, a couple of lip balms and a lotion , from Avon www.youravon.com/dhullum and wrap them in a cute little basket.
    The parents and kids both love them because its stuff that can be used and parents (me especially) get overwhelmed with too many toys! If its a kid we barely know I'll spend about $10 if its someone we're close to I'll spend about $30-40. Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009